The Charter is a health, safety and wellbeing award scheme endorsed by Public Health England and Dame Professor Carol Black, which provides organisations of all sizes with best practice advice, guidance and support to improve health and wellbeing in the workplace. There are over 40 funded programmes throughout England which provide support and accreditation free of charge.
The Charter award shows a commitment to the staff in an organisation and helps to create a workplace environment which supports good health and wellbeing, which in turn brings considerable business benefits.
The process involves benchmarking of current practice at Commitment, Achievement or Excellence followed by clear guidance on how to make improvements with support and resources provided. Organisations are assessed and awarded a certificate, receive a report and are listed on the national Wellbeing Charter website as employers of choice.
The eight areas of the Charter are Leadership, Absence Management, Health and Safety, Mental Health, Smoking, Physical Activity, Healthy Eating and Alcohol.
To take a free self assessment against the Charter standards using our benchmarking tool and to search for a provider in your area, please visit www.wellbeingcharter.org.uk
Support To Work Towards Charter Accreditation
health@work will provide support for those organisations wishing to be accredited with the Workplace Wellbeing Charter
- Introductory meeting; self assessment and action planning.
- Detailed action plan based on existing provision and any gaps, to make it simple for an organisation to work towards accreditation.
- Electronic copies of any resources required including policy templates, health and wellbeing information sheets, signposting information etc.
- Meeting to review progress mid-way through the process
- Updated action plan to prepare the organisation for accreditation
- Remote support via phone and email to answer questions, provide resources and review evidence throughout the process.
- In addition to the above health@work are able to offer consultancy work on new and existing policies or procedures, a range of training sessions on mental health, diet and exercise, alcohol and absence management and an electronic staff survey platform focusing on health and wellbeing.
Get in touch
For more information, a consultation or to make a booking please contact us.