health@work are hiring for a Health and Safety Consultant, based at our Liverpool head office. Here’s the job description.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com before end of the day on 8th April.
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Reports to: Wellbeing Director
Overseen by: Senior Consultant
To provide health, safety and wellbeing support and advice to a variety of industry sector companies; ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
• The undertaking of Health & Safety audits/inspections and surveys of clients’ premises and then the production of relevant health and safety policies and management systems.
• Advise and instruct clients in the use of their Health and Safety Management system under close supervision until agreed.
• Carry out risk assessments on client’s premises and consider how risks could be reduced;
• Carry out fire risk assessments
• Carry out health and safety training when required
• ensure working practices on client premises are safe and comply with legislation;
• Provide new clients with a gap analyses, in relationship to their current health and safety standing.
• Liaise with HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so. Provide appropriate support and assistance to the client when dealing with Enforcing Authority action.
• Assist clients with accident or other special investigations as required.
• Attend Company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
• attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
• advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, legionella, safeguarding, machinery and occupational diseases.
• produce, newsletters and bulletins for our clients
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
• At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
• NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified
• NEBOSH Construction certificate
• Experience of providing health and safety advice
• Experience of Health & Safety investigations
• Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
• Experience of carrying out fire risk assessments
• Experience of carrying out a range of risk assessments including DSE, COSHH, Manual handling
• NEBOSH Diploma
• Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
• NEBOSH Environmental
• NEBOSH Fire certificate
• Experience in the healthcare sector
• Experience in providing Health and wellbeing support such as health checks.
• Confidential in all matters
• Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
• Ability to network
• Ability to respond positively to deadlines
• Ability to Gather, analyze and reporting on key Health and safety data/statistics
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Flexible and co-operative at all times
• An assertive but calm demeanour
• Good timekeeping and attendance record
• Neat and tidy appearance